Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ferns at Nelder Grove

Fern and Fallen Sequoia, Nelder Grove, Sierra National Forest

2.5 sec at f/22, focal length: 73mm, ISO 400 - October 13, 2008, 8:58am PDT
Photographed with Canon EOS 20D, EF 70-200mm f/4L, tripod mounted


Here are two more images from my recent Nelder Grove hike close to home. I've been meaning to post these for a while. This first one of the fern and fallen sequoia is one of my personal favorites in my library right now but I am still quite pleased with the detail image of the fronds.


Fern and Fallen Tree, Nelder Grove, Sierra National Forest

2 sec at f/16, focal length: 200mm, ISO 100 - October 13, 2008, 8:50am PDT
Photographed with Canon EOS 20D, EF 70-200mm f/4L, tripod mounted


I've been going to black and white much more recently than I have in the past. This is mainly due in part to a book that Bill, my boss, recently received; "Voyage of the Eye" by Brett Weston. His work is simply amazing. Every photographer (as well as any one that appreciates any medium of art) should be very aware of his work. Here is a link to his website.
blog comments powered by Disqus