Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Aspen along the June Lake Loop

Sojourn of Light IV


1/4 sec at f/22, focal length: 113mm, ISO 100 - October 18, 2008, 2:11pm PDT
Photographed with Canon EOS 20D, EF 70-200mm f/4L, hand held

Two more Aspen images from the same session as the previous post. Click through to see the other image, then let me know what you think.

Also, if you're new to this blog, there is an archive of my previous posts in the right column as well as links to other great photographers and interesting blogs.

Sojourn of Light II


1/5 sec at f/22, focal length: 135mm, ISO 100 - October 18, 2008, 2:10pm PDT
Photographed with Canon EOS 20D, EF 70-200mm f/4L, hand held

2 comments:

  1. John, the first image is really excellent! The fine rendering of the grasses, and the dynamic character of the image are especially impressive.

    The second image is also nice, but there is something about that dark trunk just to the right of center that takes too much of my attention - seems too rigid and vertical compared to the fluidity of the aspens. However, others might see that as a nice counterpoint...

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John. I find the result really interesting and plastic, maybe inspired in latest Neill work, but interesting anyway as I say. I couldn't say which image do I prefer, both are outstanding. Maybe II - I do like the dark trunk effect very much and the color contrast yellow-black-white. I always think and work for the printed image, and this one would make an excellent print.
    Regards,
    Juan

    ReplyDelete