Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's this? An update?

Allium in Willow Creek, Sierra National Forest, California 2009

Allium in Willow Creek,
Sierra National Forest, California 2009


2 sec at f/22, focal length: 140mm, ISO 100, Aperture Priority, +1/3 EV
- May 30, 2009 3:38pm PDT. Photographed with Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EF 70-200mm f/4L, Tripod Mounted



Well it's been long enough, and my guilt has finally gotten the best of me, so here is a new image...and it's about time.

We went camping this past weekend in the Sierra National Forest with some good friends and had an amazing time...even in spite of the crazy thunderstorms we've been having! Just after a large group hike during one of the thunderstorms, my friend Bo and I went on another hike with photography as the main agenda. We were camping right on this river and so hiking up and down stream seemed to be the natural course. I don't know if either of us felt like we came home with something jaw dropping, but spending time in the forest and letting the concerns of the materialistic world wash away with the rain was rejuvenating for the soul and more than enough fulfillment than coming home with a new portfolio piece!

Enjoy and be sure to take a look at Bo's post from our camping trip, on his blog at www.amomentpreserved.com.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you had something in your ever surprising bag. A lot different than I imagined though, but I very much like this image. If I didn't know any better I might have thought it was snow. Way to keep the viewers thinking John.

    ReplyDelete