Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Remains, Hensley Lake, California  2009

Remains, Hensley Lake, California 2009


2 sec at f/32, focal length: 145mm, ISO 50, Aperture Priority, +2/3 EV
- November 25, 2009 at 5:49pm PST. Photographed with Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EF 70-200mm f/4L, Tripod Mounted



I hope you all are having a wonderful day spent with family, friends and immersed in love. By now you're probably half alive from stuffing yourselves with delicious eats, but I wanted to let you know that today, I am thankful for all of you, my readers! This blog is just a little over one year old and it's been a great and even enlightening experience thanks to you. So happy Thanksgiving!

And to all my non-stateside readers, you're included in my gratitude!

Cheers, Love and Peace!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Beautiful tonal gradation across the image and a meditative, peaceful feeling to the subject with the calm water and symmetric reflections. (from dyerlytle.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull stuff john, I'm liking the mono tone/black and white work. I'm glad you took my advice and went to hensley, it's kind of a ghostly little place. I think it would be nice if you did a series at the same spot with some sunset reflections. I have gotten some really nice color and reflections there. This image is spaced and composed beautifully. I will see you tomorrow to talk about it more. Was it made near the boat launch area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tranquil and contemplative image John. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent zen photo. Superbly composed with stunning contrast and gradation. Great work, John!

    ReplyDelete