Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sunrise over the Sierra Nevada Mountains

Sunrise Over Sierra Nevada


1/1600 sec at f/9, focal length: 176mm, ISO 200 - August 5, 2008, 6:31am PDT
Photographed with Canon EOS 20D, EF 70-200mm f/4L, handheld

I made this image this morning from the patio in my back yard. Yosemite is just beyond that ridge and a little to the north. I feel very blessed to be living where I do at this time in my life.

I made just over 150 images of this sunrise, this being the first "click", and its very difficult picking a favorite at this point. I think that I'll post a "Progression of a Sunrise" tomorrow so that I can share with you all just how spectacular the show was this morning. It's amazing how much of a difference there is between the first frame and the last.
blog comments powered by Disqus