Friday, May 21, 2010

More on Dogwood

Blooming Dogwood over the Merced River, Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, California  2010

Blooming Dogwood over the Merced River,
Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, California 2010


1 sec at f/16, focal length: 200mm, ISO 400, Aperture Priority, -1EV,
- 13 May 2010 8:00 pm PDT. Photographed with Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EF 70-200mm f/4L, tripod mounted.



In my last post, I mentioned that I probably wouldn't get a chance to photograph the Dogwood blossoms this Spring. Well a small window of opportunity, very small, presented itself and so here are my attempts. These were taken from the Pohono bridge at the west end of Yosemite Valley. The area around here was lacking in terms of trees full with blossoms but my understanding was that near Curry Village was the best show. I never made it past this bridge.

There are still a few areas on HWY 41 south of Yosemite, in the Sierra National Forest, that should be really going off right about now. I'm hoping to check it out soon.

And here's another, much longer, exposure of the same tree. Let me know if you have a preference.

Blooming Dogwood, Merced River, Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, California  2010

Blooming Dogwood, Merced River,
Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, California 2010


10 sec at f/22, focal length: 145mm, ISO 20, Aperture Priority, -2/3EV,
- 13 May 2010 7:54 pm PDT. Photographed with Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EF 70-200mm f/4L, tripod mounted.
blog comments powered by Disqus